The two longest ancient covered Bridges in China are hidden in a city famous for its ham

2022-06-20 0 By

Speaking of zhejiang jinhua, we first thought would be famous jinhua ham, jinhua ham has not only actually, not only the economy is very developed, is China’s famous historical and cultural city, jinhua called WuZhou, now administer 2 zone, 3 counties (4 county-level cities, in the global fame so loud in yiwu, is one of the county-level cities hosting of jinhua city.As a national-level historical and cultural city, Jinhua still has many cultural relics and historic sites, but many people may not know that the two longest ancient covered Bridges in China are located in counties and cities under the jurisdiction of Jinhua. One is xijin Bridge in Yongkang City, with a length of 166 meters, and the other is Shuxi Bridge in Wuyi County, with a length of 140 meters.Xijin Bridge in Yongkang is not only long, but also an “deviant” curved bridge, with a strong bow pointing upstream.Shuxi Chenhui, Wuyi Shuxi Bridge is not only long, but also an ancient bridge built in the third year of the Southern Song Dynasty (1207), with a very long history.Yongkang Xijin Bridge and Wuyi Shuxi Bridge are a pair of “sister Bridges”, only 24 kilometers apart, respectively located in the center of Yongkang City and Wuyi County, similar in appearance, both are cultural relics protection units of Zhejiang Province, both are the spiritual coordinates of local people.Speaking of these two ancient Bridges, there is a legend that xijin Bridge and Shuxi Bridge were started at the same time, and craftsmen from the two places invited each other to compete to see who could build the longest bridge.In the process of construction, wuyi craftsmen laid bricks and wood because of the width of the river, while Yongkang craftsmen tried their best to make the bridge longer and eventually made it into an arc.When completed, the curved Xijin Bridge is longer than the straight Shuxi Bridge, making it the longest covered bridge in China.Of course, it’s just a legend. The Shuxi Bridge was built much earlier than the Xijin Bridge, but it’s quite possible that the later Xijin Bridge was deliberately built longer than the Shuxi Bridge in order to claim the title of “best in the world”.Yongkang, a small city in central Zhejiang, is a very developed city with a very developed economy. It ranks among the top 50 cities in China in the comprehensive competitiveness of county economy. In order to see The West Tianjin Bridge, I took the risk of speeding and finally caught the last ray of sunshine of the West Tianjin Bridge, and the sunset put on a golden coat for “the world’s first Long Corridor Bridge”.Xijin Bridge was built in 1718 in the 57th year of the Reign of Emperor Kangxi of the Qing Dynasty, rebuilt in 1807 in the 12th year of the Reign of Emperor Jiaqing of the Qing Dynasty, and overhauled in 1988-1989.Stone pier wooden corridor bridge, north-south, across the Yongkang River.With a total length of 166 meters and a width of 4 meters, 12 piers and 13 holes are set at both ends.Bridge deck houses 58, double eaves hard peak, in 5 pavilions for the rest of the peak.From the front, it is hard to find that the Bridge is not straight, but from the side, you can see the radian of the Bridge. The Bridge goes against the traditional saying that “the river is bent and the bridge is always straight”. Why the arc is built, of course, is not for the length, but may be determined by the local terrain and water flow.Therefore, if you stand at the head of the Xijin Bridge, you can’t see the end of the bridge at first sight. Compared with the straight bridge, the curved bridge has more interesting and interesting stories.Xijin Bridge is famous for being the longest ancient covered bridge in China. It has been recorded in the book History of Chinese Bridge Architecture edited by famous bridge expert Professor MAO Yisheng.In May 1989, Professor MAO yisheng himself wrote the name of the bridge, which is now hung in the pavilion in the middle of the bridge.”Jin” for the ferry, “Xijin” can be understood as the west ferry, in fact, the earliest here is indeed xijin Ferry, Hongzhi Ming Dynasty (1488-1505) set up a ferry, named “Xijin Ferry”.It was not until the 12th year of The Reign of Emperor Jiaqing of the Qing Dynasty (1807) that the bridge was rebuilt. It was a covered bridge with stone piers and wood structure, seventy feet long and one and a half feet wide, covering 65 rooms. This is the main part of the existing Xijin Bridge.Xijin Bridge used to be an important traffic route, but now, with the construction of the road and bridge, it is more like a place for local people to relax and communicate. At sunset, everyone in the neighborhood would carry a bamboo chair, blowing the evening wind and chatting about family gossip, which has become a unique scenery.As the sun sets, the busiest time of the day in Xishan Bridge begins again. In the evening, the bridge is bustling with people singing Wuju, dancing, peddling and falling in love…This could have been going on for hundreds of years.Nison moonset, in more than 20 miles away in the wuyi, another long, short also ushered in a new day, it is cooked creek bridge, a covered by both old and young, says it is old, because it was built in the southern song dynasty open jubilee three years (in 1207), has a history of more than 800 years, says it is young, because on June 23, 2000, due to the torrential rains, fast-flowing,Shuxi Bridge collapsed, in May 2001, the bridge was restored and completed, the present bridge is only 20 years old.The first impression of Shuxi Bridge is also long, but in fact it has a long history. With a history of more than 800 years, it is known as the “living fossil” of covered Bridges in the world. After all, there are only a handful of covered Bridges in China dating back to the Song Dynasty.Wuyi, a small city in the middle of Zhejiang province, is “fluorite township, hot spring city”, the latest city slogan is “to Wuyi, I raise you”, has not understood how to raise me, asked Baidu to know that wuyi tourism is the “five” – gas, water, body, medicine, food.Shuxi Bridge is 140 meters long, 4.8 meters wide and 13.4 meters high.Nine holes and ten piers, facing the water by laying bricks or stones.The pier is 4.4 meters high and there are 49 bridge houses.In the bridge, there are three pavilions on the top of the hill with double eaves. The roof has double eaves and the corner of the house flies up. It is called The Old Feng Pavilion.Cooked creek bridge history is very long, according to “jiaqing of wuyi county annals” records, the southern song dynasty period, cooked creek bridge, here is a ferry later as the population increased, the ferry has can’t satisfy the travel needs of people crossing the river, the county master book Shi Zongyu for wading across the river from people, give stipends, raise funds was built into a pier ten nine holes open bridge, villagers to sense its grace,Hence called stone Bridge, so there is a plaque in the bridge to write “source back to stone”.Later, the Shigong Bridge fell into disrepair. When it was rebuilt in the fourth year of Wanli In the Ming Dynasty (1576), it was transformed into a wind and rain gallery bridge. After that, it was destroyed and built again, but basically kept the appearance of the gallery bridge.However, in a special period, it became a railway bridge. In May 1942, the Japanese army invaded Wuyi, overthrew all the bridge houses, laid railway tracks on the bridge deck, and built a railway to the fluorite mining area in the suburb of Wuyi. Shuxi Bridge was forced to transform into a railway for stealing ore.After the victory of the Anti-Japanese War, the People of Wuyi immediately raised funds to rebuild the Shuxi Bridge in accordance with the style of the Qianlong period of the Qing Dynasty.After the founding of the People’s Republic of China in 1986, the Shuxi Bridge was overhauled to maintain its original appearance. On June 23, 2000, which was probably a day that impressed many People in Wuyi, for four days in a row, the torrential rain rarely seen in history caused the Shuxi River to form a torrent of 1,100 cubic meters per second, like a wild horse running wild, rushing to the ancient corridor bridge.The ancient Shuxi bridge fell into the current after its piers were eroded by the current.At that time, wuyi to the old, down to the school children, all for the collapse of the ancient bridge sigh.Wuyi county immediately into the full range of rescue repair work.From the government to the civil society, a selfless donation moving story is happening.In a short period of time, the fund-raising office received more than 2 million yuan in donations from all the villagers in the county.On May 28, 2001, shuxi Bridge reappeared.A hundred feet long rainbow lock biliu, Luting di Pu net cold autumn……”Wuyi is an economically developed county, shuxi Bridge is wuyi people’s hometown complex, I believe that no matter the wind and rain, this 800 years of history of the ancient bridge, will continue to lie on shuxi.With changhong lying wave and ancient Bridges in full view, this pair of “sister Bridges” have become the spiritual coordinates in the minds of local people, and gradually transformed from a corridor bridge with the main function of crossing rivers into a good place for recreation and communication.Remember that?The two longest ancient covered Bridges in China, one in Yongkang city and the other in Wuyi County, Zhejiang Province.END